Please read – Our commitment to your privacy
First Atlantic Private Wealth is very serious about the confidentiality, integrity, and security of your personal, business, and financial information. The following describes how we collect and use client information; how, and with whom it may be shared, and your options with respect to your personal information.
What Information We Collect
When you become a client we collect personal and financial information from you directly, from your employer (applicable to group plans/products), and from other financial institutions. We will ask you to provide only the information that enables us to provide the product or service you request. Essential Information includes:
- Information establishing your identity, such as your name, address, phone number, title, business phone number, email address, date of birth, social insurance number, drivers licence or passport information;
- Information you provide on an application such as your annual income, employer, current investments, account balances, financial assets and liabilities;
- Information about your health(and/or your family history) may be collected for insurance products and services.
- Information pertaining to business clients will include your business name, address, phone number, email address, industry type, financial status and detail(s) on the owner(s), operator(s) and director(s).
- Additional information may be requested specific to a product or service we offer.
You can always choose not to provide us with your information. However, your decision to withhold particular information may limit or altogether prevent us from providing the products or services you have requested. Lack of pertinent information may also make it more difficult for us to provide advice or suggest appropriate alternatives.
How We Use Your Information
We use your personal and financial information to:
- Verify your identity;
- Provide you with the financial products and services requested;
- Communicate to you any benefit, feature and other information about products and services you have with us;
- Respond to any special needs or inquiries you may have;
- Better understand your financial situation and determine your eligibility for products and services we offer;
- Manage our risks and operations;
- Meet regulatory and legal requirements.
- We may communicate with you through telephone, fax, computer (email or secured client access site) or mail using the contact information you have provided.
- If for any reason your information is required to fulfill a different purpose then that of your original intent, we will ask for your consent before we proceed.
- Note that sensitive information such as health records will never, under any circumstances, be shared or used for a purpose other then that of the original intent.
Sharing Your Information
Your information will be shared with the companies that provide the mutual fund or insurance product or service you requested. In the case of registered plans (e.g. RESPs, RRSPs), your information will be shared with the Government of Canada. Your consent will be requested when applying for such products.
We do not sell any personal information. We may use service providers to perform specialized services such as data processing. Our service providers may at times be responsible for processing or handling personal information. They are provided only the information necessary to perform the services. In addition, we require them to protect the information in a manner that is consistent with our privacy policies and security practices.
Other Third Parties The only other times we will share your information with other companies:
- With your consent;
- For the purposes of fraud or crime prevention, suppression or detection;
- To enable First Atlantic Private Wealth to meet regulatory or legal obligations;
- As required by law.
Our Employees Access to your information is restricted to authorized employees who have a legitimate business purpose for accessing it. Unauthorized access to and/or disclosure of client information by an employee is strictly prohibited. All employees are required to maintain the confidentiality of client information at all times and failing to do so will result in appropriate disciplinary measures, which may include dismissal.
For account access, First Atlantic Websites use an encrypted persistent cookie that contains information to help us verify you as the client and to block unauthorized attempts to access your accounts.
First Atlantic reserves the right to use persistent cookies and electronic images (Web beacons) to compile statistics and analyze the effectiveness of our sites. We may also use the anonymous information that is captured automatically in logs by web servers to evaluate the performance of our web sites.
All the information collected in any of these tracking activities is non-personal and is not used in connection with any other information that could identify you personally.
It is possible to still browse our website with cookies disabled. However if you choose not to accept cookies, secured sections of the site (e.g. the client access area) will not be accessible.
Updating Our Privacy Principles
Access To Your Personal Information
Contact us at any time if you wish to verify the accuracy or update the information we have about you. We encourage you to help us keep your information current.
Please note that there may be instances where access may be restricted as permitted or required by law. If applicable, we will advise you of the reasons for restricting access subject to any legal or regulatory limitations.
If you have any questions please contact us.